The Sorting/FMV Associate is responsible for sorting and properly assigning fair market values (FMV) to assets. This includes organizing incoming materials and filtering the resalable materials to capture the condition of the material. The Sorting Associate is responsible for performing an initial search to enter rough resalable equipment to help sales and management scan materials efficiently into inventory.
- Research and identify, make, model and data to analyze fair market value (FMV).
- Shipping (Bill of Lading, boxes, pallets) and warehouse activities with a focus on productivity.
- Operate warehouse equipment: forklifts (certified), pallet jacks, dollies, and postage meters, shipping systems within OSHA safety and SOP guidelines.
- Promptly unload and stage pickups so assets can be accurately counted, weighed, separated and sorted, scan into inventory categories, adhere barcode tags and organize neatly into racks.
- Maintain accuracy, provide required reports, logs and measurements to KPI guidelines.
- Provide continuous improvement recommendations. Cross-train with employees for backup.
- High school diploma or equivalent; higher degree preferred. Minimum 2 years’ relevant work experience.
- Prior experience with FedEx, ShipStation, R2 and ISO standards, preferred.
- Expertise in utilizing a warehouse ERP inventory system, Excel, shipping, receiving, material handling, safety management, data entry, reporting, oral and written skills, etc.
- Basic knowledge needed to separate IT, medical, and testing equipment from recyclables.
We are looking for someone who can get the job done! This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for the right person. We are entering a huge growth phase. Help lead us there!
Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, bend, squat, push, pull, reach overhead, and lift repeatedly,
stand for long periods, etc. Perform basic computer and data entry skills into ERP inventory system.
$15 – $33+/hour depending on skills, with additional uncapped upside incentives. Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, and Profit-Sharing etc. This is a full-time position in Fremont, CA. Hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. Please forward your resume with why you are a good fit to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Surplus Service is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Surplus Service considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.