We are seeking a hands-on person who is technically proficient at repairing multiple types of equipment, hardware, software, devices, and electronics. A true geeky interest in various types of equipment will help your success. Prior experience as IT Repair Technician, biomedical repair, final test technician, network administrator, or other equipment repair roles are very helpful to achieve success in this role.
- Check, sort, and triage incoming inventory for resale and ensure that it meets sales criteria.
- Perform initial functional test on items and diagnose the equipment.
- Research repair steps and/or make repairs as appropriate based on diagnostic evaluation.
- Take electronics apart and put them back together with harvested, used, or unused parts.
- Perform general equipment cleaning for resale and to ensure safety.
- Load data into operating system to provide appropriate tracking and reporting, as needed.
- High school diploma: or equivalent with repair work experience. A+ repair certified is a plus.
- Knowledge of electronic components to be able to research and follow repair processes.
- Strong spelling, grammar, and punctuation – written and oral communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite. Familiarity with ERP systems is a plus.
- Ability to follow direction, multitask, and work independently, as well as part of our team, in a fast-paced environment.
We are looking for someone who can get the job done! This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for the right person. We are entering a huge growth phase. Help lead us there!
$18 – $33+/hour depending on skills, with uncapped upside incentives. Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, and Profit-Sharing etc. This is a full-time position in Fremont, CA. Hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. Please forward your resume with why you are a good fit to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Surplus Service is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Surplus Service considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.