As part of the senior leadership team, the Operations/Warehouse Manager will work collaboratively to improve efficiencies and increase profitability of operations. This position is focused on customer needs to achieve best-in-class operations. The Ops Manager is responsible for the supervision and execution of overall facility operations, i.e. productivity, quality control, inventory, reporting, etc.
- Direct and control the facilities: receiving, repair, production, inventory, shipping, and order processing in an efficient manner. Establish detailed operational KPIs and cost performance.
- Design an environment for Continuous improvement, new SOPs and KPI’s, as needed.
- Exceed company objectives, customer needs, and productivity in cost and time.
- Manage diverse team; coach and cross-train employees to improve workflow and backup.
- Forecast hiring needs and maintain a pipeline of candidates. Proactively troubleshoot issues.
- Design and implement timely and accurate data tracking, reporting, and contract management to meet internal and client needs, financial, inventory, and sales reporting.
- Implement and oversee the planning and utilization of Lean, R2, ISO to improve operations.
- Ensure that all workplace legal, OSHA, EPA laws, operating, and safety procedures are followed.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience in any industry, but recycling experience is a plus.
- Minimum of 5-10+ years’ equivalent senior management operational leadership experience in manufacturing, warehousing, material handling, cost control, logistics techniques, etc.
- Experience using KPI performance metrics in continuous improvement programs with success.
- Experience using an Inventory ERP system and e-commerce environment with success.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and QuickBooks. Strong knowledge of lean-green, R2, ISO principles is preferred. Strong written and oral communication skills
- Hands-on and self-motivated, to work independently and with team in a fast-paced environment.
$60,000 – $140,000+/year depending on skills, with uncapped upside incentives. Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, and Profit-Sharing etc. This is a full-time position in Fremont, CA. Hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. Please forward your resume with why you are a good fit to: email@example.com.
Surplus Service is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Surplus Service considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.