We are seeking a Business Development Manager (BDM) reporting to the President who can expand the company’s business, develop and foster customer relationships and secure new accounts. The ideal BDM has experience and understanding of various technological, hospital and economic values.
- The ideal candidate will possess a “hunter’s” mentality and take responsibility for sourcing leads, identifying and securing customers, and negotiating and closing contracts related to obtaining a clients’ recycle, returned goods, liquidation, overstock, and additional assets.
- Work with senior management to develop goals, reports, and strategies for expanding business.
- Develop long-term rapport and partnerships with “C” level executives, Facility Managers, Environmental Health & Services, Sustainability Managers, Risk Managers, IT Managers, etc.
- Prospects include large, high-technology medical, hospital, OEM’s, schools, government, and other organizations, disposing of medical equipment, computers, servers, e-waste, and more.
- Identify and respond to government, business, and other RFP’s packages on a regular basis.
- A minimum of an Associate’s or Undergraduate degree, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of demonstrated outside sales experience in complex selling to technology, hospitals, schools, government, recycle, and other segments, preferred.
- Excellent computer (Microsoft Office Suite), communication, and presentation skills are required.
- Ability to follow direction, multitask, and work independently, as well as part of our team, in a fast-paced environment. Strong written and oral communication skills in English.
We are looking for someone who can get the job done! This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for the right person. We are entering a huge growth phase. Help lead us there!
$40,000 – $150,000+/year depending on skills, with uncapped upside incentives. Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, and Profit-Sharing plan, etc. This is a full-time position in Fremont, CA. Hours are Mon – Fri, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. Please forward your resume with why you are a good fit to: email@example.com.
Surplus Service is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Surplus Service considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.