We are seeking a Controller/Bookkeeper reporting to the President. This is an opportunity for an energetic junior level Accounting or Finance person who desires to be involved with all finance-related aspects of our growing company. This accredited position represents an opportunity to gain experience into all areas of accounting and finance for us.
- Create and enter Invoices, vendor payments and expenses for process tracking into system.
- Develop annual forecast, estimates and plans, daily entries via QuickBooks
- Demonstrated multitasking ability and collaborating while adjusting to changing priorities.
- Ability to make data-driven decisions and to synthesize those into actionable recommendations.
- Demonstrate strong ethics, influence and negotiation, leadership, interpersonal skills, communication, and the ability to effectively and engage in continuous learning.
- Manage customers, inventory system, contracts, reporting, etc.
- Undergraduate degree and 3+ years of equivalent work experience as a Controller, Bookkeeper, Office Manager, or Executive Assistant.
- Excellent computer skills. Minimum of 2 years of experience working with QuickBooks and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word). Familiar with accounting principles and bookkeeping functions.
- Ability to analyze and develop solutions and provide financial and business recommendations.
- Ability to follow direction, multitask, organize, and work independently, as well as part of our team, in a fast-paced environment. Strong written and oral communication skills in English.
We are looking for someone who can get the job done! This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for the right person. We are entering a huge growth phase. Help lead us there!
$47,000 – $78,000+/year depending on skills
Surplus Service is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Surplus Service considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.