POSITION: WAREHOUSE / FULFILLMENT ASSOCIATE
Surplus Service, located in Fremont, CA, is an e-waste management and liquidation company in the San Francisco Bay Area that specializes in a variety of electronic disposal services. We put an emphasis on reuse over recycling, a practice known as upcycling. As the UpcyclIT® leader, our goal is to provide eco-friendly solutions that lead to the reuse of electronics. Our electronic disposal services are a far more eco-friendly sustainable environmental option. We are an e-waste management company; we do more than just recycling.
The Warehouse / Fulfillment Associate is responsible for shipping merchandise orders in an expeditious manner. Receive merchandise from clients, separate, scan and asset tag in Inventory system. Organize inventory for maximum efficiency. Work with the team to help improve efficiencies and increase profitability of operations, providing input regarding production, quality control, inventory, receiving, and shipping. This position is focused on customers and their requests to achieve all their expectations and to drive best in class operations.
REQUIREMENTS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate warehouse and shipping activities with a focus on client responsiveness, accuracy, production and scheduling.
- Coordinate all aspects of shipment requests, including booking, pick-up, manifest, Bills of Lading, billing, invoices, orders and other records.
- Effectively communicate with internal and external customers to manage all client shipping requests professionally to meet customer needs and resolve issues.
- Determine the most efficient method and priorities of shipments. Pull, pack and ship items to requested customer locations on time.
- Assemble required boxes, cardboard, wooden, or plastic containers for outgoing shipments.
- Work efficiently with shipping vendors (UPS etc.) to manage shipping discrepancies, delays or damage. Document and follow up on issues to ensure responses to inquiries.
- Keep track of all shipping charges and credits with weekly billing reviews and work with vendors to address any issues to get reimbursement.
- Operate a variety of warehouse equipment for loading including forklifts (certified), pallet jacks, dollies, and postage meters; use assigned software to input data and generate reports.
- Promptly unload and stage shipments so assets can be accurately counted, weighed, separated and quickly tracked into inventory categories.
- Scan appropriate merchandise into inventory system and make and adhere asset/barcode tags maintaining accuracy for required reports, logs and measurements
- Any Data, HDD and security devices are immediately counted and removed to our secured area to follow our HDD/Data SOP process.
- Provide accurate and timely data tracking and client management by maintaining records and reports and communicate regularly with management to meet internal and client needs.
- Perform annual and periodic physical inventories as required.
- Organize and maintain yard / warehouse.
- Occasionally drive truck to pick up or deliver equipment as needed.
- Support financial results by minimizing site waste and rework.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Associate’s degree preferred. Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience. Can be a combination of training, education and relevant work experience.
- Recycle or reverse logistics experience is a plus
- Working knowledge of UPS’s WorldShip and ShipStation shipping platform.
- Expertise in implementing and warehouse inventory systems, shipping, receiving etc. with performance achievements in material handling and organizing inventory and savings plans.
- Prior experience with safety management, data entry, reporting skills, planning, organizational skills and R2 and ISO standards is highly desirable.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English required; bilingual Spanish preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse team of employees.
- Fork-lift certified
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- May require handling materials containing toxic/hazardous substances
- Often required to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and lift repeatedly
- Must be able to work in a warehouse environment, climb ladders, and stand on hard surfaces for long periods. Noise level may be high.
- Ability to perform repeated data entry operations
- Work indoors in a warehouse environment where temperature regulation may be inconsistent.
Compensation is a base with commission/bonus tied to the sale of goods sourced. We also offer a profit sharing plan. Please send your resume with a cover letter detailing why you are a good fit to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Surplus Service is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Surplus Service considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and disability or veteran status.