POSITION: SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING SPECIALIST
Surplus Service, located in Fremont, CA, is an e-waste management and liquidation company in the San Francisco Bay Area that specializes in a variety of electronic disposal services. We put an emphasis on reuse over recycling, a practice known as upcycling. As the UpcyclIT® leader, our goal is to provide eco-friendly solutions that lead to the reuse of electronics. Our electronic disposal services are a far more eco-friendly sustainable environmental option. We are an e-waste management company; we do more than just recycling. Please visit our website for more information.
We seek a hands-on social-media marketing specialist who can help increase traffic, exposure, conversion and revenue cost-efficiency. The Social Media Marketing Specialist will serve a critical role by managing multiple digital platforms in order to reach a targeted group of large companies and channel partners. This role is ideal for an individual who can successfully build brand awareness, and keep a pulse on the latest technology trends. You know what it takes to get people’s attention.
REQUIREMENTS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and monitor Surplus Service’s social channels (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn) and build brand awareness.
- Develop and enhance our SEO, B2B traffic and social marketing platforms to continually increase traffic.
- Leverage Google Analytics and other analytic dashboards to maximize traffic and revenue growth. Provide analytics for all social channels, and communications launches/campaigns.
- Write, edit and publish blogs on WordPress. Build highly engaging landing pages.
- Build and manage a system and marketing list management for newsletters, mailings etc.
- Leverage video, photos to focus, highlight and amplify our activities.
- Establish and upgrade presence with social media influencers and partners. Write social posts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or related is highly desirable.
- 3 years experience managing social platforms and creating strategy and content for digital marketing.
- Can be a combination of training, education and relevant work experience.
- Must have deep understanding of social media platforms including Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook and relevant analytics tools to measure program success.
- Strong track record of successfully developing social strategy and executing, delivering on campaign goals.
- Demonstrated experience creating social campaigns under tight time frames and budget constraints.
- Exceptional copy editing skills and ability to comprehend complex enterprise technology topics. Able to write content in a simple, concise and impactful way.
- Highly organized with solid interpersonal and communication skills.
- WordPress experience is a must; SEO and SEM experience desirable.
- Strong organizational skills and planning skills are required to schedule multiple activities and events throughout the year.
- Strong ability with social media analytics tools to measure the performance of various campaigns.
- E-marketing expertise – includes integrating the use of social media to a greater degree as you enhance our SEO and SEM efforts.
- Experience doing in-house and outsourced management for web development, graphic design, and public relations
Competitive base with bonus potential. There is also a profit sharing plan. This is a full-time career position with the opportunity to work for a growing well-established electronics surplus company. Please send your resume with a cover letter detailing why you are a good fit to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Surplus Service is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Surplus Service considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and disability or veteran status.