POSITION: SHIPPING & INVENTORY WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE
Surplus Service, located in Fremont, CA, is an e-waste management and liquidation company in the San Francisco Bay Area that specializes in a variety of electronic disposal services. We put an emphasis on reuse over recycling, a practice known as upcycling. As the UpcyclIT® leader, our goal is to provide eco-friendly solutions that lead to the reuse of electronics. Our electronic disposal services are a far more eco-friendly sustainable environmental option. We are an e-waste management company; we do more than just recycling.
REQUIREMENTS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate warehouse and shipping activities including pick-up, manifest, Bills of Lading, billing, invoices and other records with a focus on client responsiveness, accuracy and production
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills to internal and external customers
- Determines the best, most efficient method and priorities of shipment via i.e. FedEx/UPS’s WorldShip. Pull, pack and ship items to requested customer locations on time
- Assemble required boxes, cardboard, wooden, or plastic containers for outgoing shipments
- Affix shipping labels or stencils on packed cartons as required manually or via i.e. ShipStation
- Work efficiently with shipping vendors to manage shipping records, discrepancies, delays or damage. Document and follow up on issues to ensure responses to inquiries
- Keep track of all shipping charges, reimbursements, credits with weekly billing reviews
- Operate a variety of warehouse equipment for loading including forklifts (certified), pallet jacks, dollies, and postage meters; use assigned software to input data and generate reports.
- Weight, count, scan appropriate merchandise into inventory system and make and adhere asset/bar code tags maintaining accuracy for required reports, logs and measurements
- Organize all assets neatly into racks; plan storage locations; determine proper location of assets to allow for maximum space utilization and so they can be easily found
- Count and removed all data, HDD to secured area following our HDD/Data SOP process. Duties may include doing the wiping or shredding process
- Maintain accurate inventory records, ensuring no product leaves, or enters the warehouse without tracking. Maintain records and reports and communicate regularly with management
- Performance periodic and annual physical inventories as required
- Occasionally drive truck to pick up or deliver equipment as needed
- Support financial results by minimizing site waste and rework
- Own accountability your and others roles by providing constructive feedback and recognition
- Create environment for continuous improvement recommendations for storage, inventory, safety
- Cross-train other employees to insure backup personnel are always available
- Cross-train employees to ensure backups, adherence to business guidelines, safety & security procedures, facility maintenance and targeting R2 and ISO
- Understand the impact of how your daily activities can enhance and upgrade the overall business
- Self-motivated to work independently or in team with desire to constantly learn and be challenged
Updates or develops new Standard Operating Procedures SOPs or Key Performance Indicators (KPI) as needed. Complies with internal audits, federal, state, OSHA, EPA and insure all SOPs and score cards are followed.
- High school diploma or GED is required with a 2 to 4 year degree preferred. Minimum of 2 to 4 years of relevant work experience or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Performance and demonstrated leadership experience in manufacturing, warehouse distribution, material handling and logistics etc. Recycle or reverse logistics experience is a plus
- Expertise in implementing and warehouse inventory systems, shipping, receiving etc. with performance achievements in material handling and organizing inventory and savings plans
- Strong skills of: safety management, data entry, reporting skills, analyzing Information, time management, team leadership, multitasking, planning, organizational skills and R2 and ISO
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English required; bilingual Spanish preferred
- Working knowledge of UPS’s WorldShip and ShipStation shipping platform
- Experience in using and developing an inventory systems to achieve results
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse hourly and salaried employees
- Strong leadership capabilities to mentor and coach employees and teams for a common goal
- Lead decision-making processes in a chaotic small business environment with few resources
- Strong computer skills especially excel for preparing spreadsheets and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Power Point etc), Quick Books, ShipStation and UPS’s WorldShip
- Ability to lift or push up to 65 lbs without injury, routine bending and fork-lift certified
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- May require handling materials containing toxic/hazardous substances
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to bend, squat, push, pull, reach overhead and lift repeatedly
- Must be able to work in a warehouse environment, climb ladders, and stand on hard surfaces for long periods. Noise level may be high.
- Ability to perform basic math, computer skills and repeated data entry operations
- Work indoors in a warehouse environment where temperature regulation may be inconsistent, exposure to noise, machinery and dust.
Competitive base with bonus potential. There is also a profit sharing plan. This is a full-time career position with the opportunity to work for a growing well-established electronics surplus company.
Please send your resume with a cover letter detailing why you are a good fit to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Surplus Service is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Surplus Service considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and disability or veteran status.