POSITION: OPERATIONS / WAREHOUSE MANAGER, RECYCLING
Surplus Service, located in Fremont, CA, is an e-waste management and liquidation company in the San Francisco Bay Area that specializes in a variety of electronic disposal services. We put an emphasis on reuse over recycling, a practice known as upcycling. As the UpcyclIT® leader, our goal is to provide eco-friendly solutions that lead to the reuse of electronics. Our electronic disposal services are a far more eco-friendly sustainable environmental option. We are an e-waste management company; we do more than just recycling.
As part of the management team, the Operations/Warehouse Manager will work collaboratively to improve efficiencies and increase profitability of operations. This position is focused on customers and their needs to achieve all expectations and to drive best in class operations for our industry. The Operations/Warehouse Manager is responsible for the supervision and execution of all phases of facility operations including: production, quality control, inventory, receiving, and shipping. Responsibilities also include personnel training, facility maintenance, and capital improvements. The ideal candidate for this role excels in a chaotic environment and thrives under pressure.
REQUIREMENTS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct and control the facilities, receiving, repair, production, inventory, shipping, and order processing in a timely manner. This includes quality, detailed operational Key Performance. Indicators (KPI’s), and cost performance through evaluating results and taking actions to continually improve performance.
- Plan and schedule production in accordance with company objectives, customer needs, and capacities. Meet production schedules within the established parameters of cost, quality and timely parameters.
- Manage a diverse team of employees. Plan and organize work schedules and work flow. Able to mentor and coach employees to improve their performance. Forecast hiring needs and maintain a pipeline of candidates. Proactively troubleshoot current and potential problems.
- Provide timely data tracking, reporting and contract management to meet internal and client needs. Maintain accurate daily, monthly, annual records, financials and inventory (aging) & sales reports.
- Oversee/manage the planning and utilization of Lean, R2, ISO to improve all areas of the operation.
- Ensure that all workplace safety procedures are followed.
- Quickly and effectively resolve internal and supplier issues i.e. invoice discrepancies while maintaining positive internal/external relationships.
- Oversee/manage the facility maintenance, equipment, and security with team.
- Create an environment of daily continuous change and improvement, using all resources to recommend new processes and adjustments to be setup, safety, training, development, and growth. Coach team members to ensure all improvements are sustained.
- Embrace Surplus Service’s culture, support the goals and objectives, and demonstrate commitment to our mission. Understand the impact of how your daily activities can enhance and upgrade the overall business.
- B.S. degree in Industrial Engineering/Information Technology/Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of management and demonstrated leadership experience in complex manufacturing, recycle, warehousing, material handling and logistics techniques etc. including implementing cost control and savings plans. Previous recycle or reverse logistics is a plus.
- Can be a combination of training, education and relevant work experience.
- Previous supervisory experience required.
- Knowledge of and performance achievements in continuous improvement programs with results.
- Experience in using a complex Inventory system to achieve results and understand performance of the operation.
- Demonstrated ability to lead decision-making processes in a chaotic small business environment.
- Exceptional customer service and sales skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and QuickBooks.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong knowledge of and has implemented lean-green, R2, ISO principles is preferred.
- Previous e-commerce operational experiences a plus.
- A hands-on leader who takes direction and is willing to work with the team to achieve goals.
- Self-motivated, able to thrive under pressure, can work independently and with the team.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- May require handling materials containing toxic/hazardous substances
- Often required to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and lift repeatedly
- Must be able to work in a warehouse environment, climb ladders, and stand on hard surfaces for long periods. Noise level may be high.
- Ability to perform repeated data entry operations
- Work indoors in a warehouse environment where temperature regulation may be inconsistent.
Compensation is a base with commission/bonus tied to the sale of goods sourced. We also offer a profit sharing plan. Please send your resume with a cover letter detailing why you are a good fit to: email@example.com
Surplus Service is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Surplus Service considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and disability or veteran status.