POSITION: MARKETING AND INTERNET ASSOCIATE
A woman owned, Green Certified small business, Surplus Service® serves the global technology, returns, government and healthcare markets and we don’t ship e-waste overseas. We are honored to be named the state of California’s, Cool California Business Award Winner of the Year and Acterra’s finalist with a select group including Genentech and Stanford for their Business Sustainability Award. We also serve as elected members for Santa Clara County on the Recycle Waste Reduction Commission Technical Advisory Committee. Additionally, we’ve been recognized in recent articles, interviews, and case studies by San Jose, Alameda County, Contra Costa County, StopWaste, City of Fremont and Small Business Development Center (SBDC) regarding with our UpcyclIT® practices of over 85% of what processes through our facility being reused or remarketed rather than simply recycled and sit on many committees as well as support many community education, outreach and “hard to hire” programs.
Our goal is to prioritize Upcycling, the efficiency of reuse over recycling. We provide the most efficient, simple and secure way to “remove and dispose” of what you “don’t want”. UpcyclIT® reduces waste providing options for reuse which generally do not contribute to overall disposal. Over the years, we have removed tens of millions of pounds of waste from the environment. Our services enables users to highlight their Zero Waste reduction and green sustainability initiates. We take what clients don’t want and provide sustainability solutions focusing on repair and reuse for e-waste, depleted assets and returned goods to meet regulatory and security requirements, reduced costs and liabilities.
We want people with passion, who want to be part of a growing business. Surplus Service is passionate about “Upcycling,” a reverse logistics model that gives depleted electronics a second life via reuse, refurbish, data removal, resale or eco-friendly recycling. In this role, you have the opportunity to make a valuable contribution to the environment. You will earn a great income, bonus and thrive in this growing industry.
We seek a hands-on marketing person who can help drive traffic, exposure, conversion and revenue cost-efficiently using and managing all current marketing technologies. We need a marketing person that can expand our base and enhance our value added proposition to a targeted group of large companies and channel partners.
We have a profit sharing plan and you have substantial opportunity for uncapped commissions/bonus.
- Passion to work, develop and enhance our SEO traffic with B2B social media marketing
- Work to develop and enhance our SEO B2B traffic and social marketing platforms i.e. Facebook,
Instagram, Twitter, Yelp, Linked-In, Pinterest, YouTube etc. to continually increase traffic
- Leverage Google Analytics and other analytic dashboards to maximize traffic and revenue growth
- Leverage tools i.e. Hubspot, Sidekick, MailChimp, Kickstarter, GoFundMe, PayPal Capital, Kabbage to
grow our exposure, traffic and revenue
- Build high converting and high engagement landing pages
- Grow social platforms through community management, engagement and listening
- Build and manage CRM system and marketing list management for newsletters, mailings etc.
- Directly write, update and maintain our copy and content development for websites, RFPs, email marketing, social marketing, collateral etc. Write social posts.
- Leverage video, photos to focus, highlight and amplify our conversion activities
- Coordinate and develop event activities
- Develop PR opportunities including presentations, speaking engagements, non-profit work, white papers, articles, newspaper, TV and magazine exposure, publicity around events, interviews etc.
- Leverage marketing insight to track and measure campaign analytics to drive decisions for optimizing traffic, exposure, conversion and revenue growth
- Establish and upgrade presence with social media influencers and partners
ELIGIBILITY & REQUIREMENTS:
- 3 years’ experience managing social platforms and creating strategy and content for digital marketing
- Proven passion and success in building and engaging audiences in social platforms
- Excellent communications skills, creative, writing, copy writing, editorial and oral. Can write content in
a simple, concise and impactful way. Write and make impactful presentations to groups
- Strong organizational skills, planning skills are required to get multiple activities and events on the calendar throughout the year. Entrepreneurial spirit, high energy and innovative thinking
- Strong ability with social media analytics tools to measure various campaign performance
- E-marketing expertise – includes integrating the use of social media to a greater degree as you enhance our SEO and SEM efforts.
- Experience doing in-house and outsourced management for web development, graphic design, and public relations
- Demonstrated experience creating social campaigns under tight time frames and budget constraints
Approximately 35-40 hours per week. We offer a flexible schedule. Based in Fremont, CA
COMPENSATION and APPLY TO:
Competitive base with potential for uncapped commissions/bonus and a profit sharing plan Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.