POSITION: INTERNET SALES MANAGER
Surplus Service, located in Fremont, CA, is an e-waste management and liquidation company in the San Francisco Bay Area that specializes in a variety of electronic disposal services. We put an emphasis on reuse over recycling, a practice known as upcycling. As the UpcyclIT® leader, our goal is to provide eco-friendly solutions that lead to the reuse of electronics. Our electronic disposal services are a far more eco-friendly sustainable environmental option. We are an e-waste management company; we do more than just recycling.
We are seeking a hands-on Internet sales manager to work with online customers to sell surplus, returned goods, obsolete and overstock merchandise via the Internet. This position is responsible for all aspects of internet marketing and sales, including, but not limited to writing merchandise descriptions, posting merchandise on the web, managing inquiries, demonstrations, selling products, and sourcing materials for re-sale. Prior experience as account executive, inside sales, technical sales manager and other Internet sales roles are very helpful to the success at this opportunity.
REQUIREMENTS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Help develop and implement an internet marketing strategies for sales, sourcing, marketing products and solutions
- Research items, take photos and write accurate descriptions of items for the internet posting
- Source low-cost merchandise that we can buy and sell at a profit
- Monitor and reply to bids and sales of products online with outstanding customer service skills
- Provide timely daily sales, inventory and any other required reporting
- Analyze various lots of merchandise for quoting purposes in a timely fashion
- Meet quota and budget goals
- Associate’s Degree, with technical/electronics course work preferred. Can be a combination of training, education and relevant work experience.
- 2 years online merchandising, direct marketing and web experience preferred. Experience buying and selling on the Internet i.e. eBay Gold Seller, etc. a big plus.
- Experience with prospecting, identifying, qualifying, negotiating and closing sales.
- Ability to explain and write technical topics to non-technical people.
- General knowledge and interest in electronics and technology is a plus.
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Digital photography proficiency and post processing capabilities are highly desirable.
- Strong follow up, organizational, multi-tasking, verbal and written communication and teamwork skills required.
- Experience with Social Media and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a plus.
- Excels in a chaotic environment and has experience creating and implementing processes from scratch.
Compensation is a base with commission/bonus tied to the sale of goods sourced. We also offer a profit sharing plan. This is a full-time position with the opportunity to work and growing at a well-established electronics recycling company. Please send your resume with a cover letter detailing why you are a good fit to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Surplus Service is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Surplus Service considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and disability or veteran status.