POSITION: GENERAL MANAGER
Surplus Service, located in Fremont, CA, is an e-waste management and liquidation company in the San Francisco Bay Area that specializes in a variety of electronic disposal services. We put an emphasis on reuse over recycling, a practice known as upcycling. As the UpcyclIT® leader, our goal is to provide eco-friendly solutions that lead to the reuse of electronics. Our electronic disposal services are a far more eco-friendly sustainable environmental option. We are an e-waste management company, we do more than just recycling.
The General Manager (GM) is responsible for the day-to-day, and the long-term operations, as well as the financial management of Surplus Service’s UpcyclIT business. This includes supervision and execution of all phases of sales, production, collections, materials handling, processing, shipping, transportation, quality control, inventory and receiving.
The GM is responsible for meeting business objectives including revenue targets, expense management, green practices and continuous quality improvement. In addition, this position is responsible for the hiring and development of staff and providing on-the-job training for new and existing employees. The GM will work closely with the team to improve efficiencies and increase overall profitability and is accountable for business results. This position is focused on customers and their needs to achieve all expectations and to drive best-in-class operations.
To be successful in this role, you must demonstrate a passion for the environment and a desire to push for new sustainable solutions.
REQUIREMENTS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- In coordination with management, oversee day-to-day operations, reporting; meet contractual and customer obligations and P&L budgets.
- Focus on meticulous management of internet and warehouse sales team to meet revenue goals and budgets.
- Lead the decision-making processes in a fast paced small business environment.
- Ensure operational schedules are met and any issues are resolved quickly.
- Oversee all pricing decisions.
- Provide timely data tracking, reporting and contract management to meet internal and client needs.
- Maintains accurate daily, monthly, annual records, financials and reports i.e. inventory, sales, Quickbooks.
- Supervise and manage a diverse workforce. Mentor, train, coach and cross-train personnel to achieve maximum productivity. Manage company payroll.
- Provide leadership to teams that enables the successful operations with a focus on continuous improvement and development.
- Work with team to direct and control the facilities, receiving, repair, production, inventory, shipping and order processing in a timely manner. This includes quality, detailed operational Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), and cost performance through evaluating results and taking actions to continually improve performance.
- Manage the planning and utilization of Lean, R2, ISO and continuous improvement to ensure sustained productivity enhancement.
- Ensure safety procedures are being followed in operations and especially working equipment, trucks, truck routes, loading docks, forklifts, etc. Keep facility at optimal performance/efficiency.
- Ensure compliance for all regulatory requirements, registrations, permits and records. Manage compliance with relevant regulatory authorities.
- B.S. degree in Industrial Engineering/Information Technology/Engineering or years of expertise in Operations/Facilities Management. Can be a combination of training, education and relevant work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of management and demonstrated leadership experience in complex manufacturing, recycle, warehousing, material handling and logistics techniques etc. including implementing cost control and savings plans. Previous recycle or reverse logistics management experience is a plus.
- Experience in using a complex Inventory system and P&L.
- Exceptional customer service and sales skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to implement lean-green, R2, ISO principles is preferred
- Strong interest in green business, recycling and repurposing diversion from waste stream
- Previous e-commerce operational understanding/experience is a plus
Compensation is a base with uncapped incentives tied to P&L, sales, operations, revenue and performance indicators. We also offer a profit sharing plan.
Please send your resume with a cover letter detailing why you are a good fit to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Surplus Service is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Surplus Service considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.