POSITION: ELECTRONICS REPAIR TECHNICIAN
Surplus Service, located in Fremont, CA, is an e-waste management and liquidation company in the San Francisco Bay Area that specializes in a variety of electronic disposal services. We put an emphasis on reuse over recycling, a practice known as upcycling. As the UpcyclIT® leader, our goal is to provide eco-friendly solutions that lead to the reuse of electronics. Our electronic disposal services are a far more eco-friendly sustainable environmental option. We are an e-waste management company; we do more than just recycling.
We are seeking a hands-on person who is technically proficient at repairing multiple types of equipment, hardware, software, devices and electronics. A true geeky interest in various types of equipment will help your success. Prior experience as IT repair technician, final test technician, equipment configuration specialist, medical equipment repair, network / system administrator or other equipment repair roles are very helpful to the success at this opportunity.
REQUIREMENTS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Check, sort, and triage incoming inventory for resale value and ensure that it meets with the company’s selling criteria.
- Perform initial functional test on items and diagnose the equipment, if nonfunctional and needs repair.
- Make repairs as appropriate based on diagnostic evaluation.
- Take electronics apart and put back together with new or used parts.
- Load software, operating system, as required.
- Research and prepare items for sale to secondary market.
- Performs general cleaning of work area to ensure safety and discards all scrap material.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent with some college education is preferred.
- Enthusiasm passion and desire to work with and fix electronics.
- A+ certified on Computer, Network and or Security repair preferred.
- Knowledge of electronics theory and equipment used in the repair of electronic components.
- Knowledge of circuit board soldering and repair techniques.
- Knowledge of process flows to include flow charts and written processes.
- High attention to detail.
- Be able to define problems, and collect data to determine required repairs and methods
- Advanced familiarity with IT equipment such as PC, network equipment, server, switches, gaming consoles etc.
- Ability to follow direction, multitask and work independently and with our team in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient organization and communication skills.
Competitive base with bonus potential. There is also a profit sharing plan. This is a full-time career position with the opportunity to work for a growing well-established electronics surplus company. Please send your resume with a cover letter detailing why you are a good fit to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Surplus Service is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Surplus Service considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and disability or veteran status.