POSITION: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Surplus Service, located in Fremont, CA, is an e-waste management and liquidation company in the San Francisco Bay Area that specializes in a variety of electronic disposal services. We put an emphasis on reuse over recycling, a practice known as upcycling. As the UpcyclIT® leader, our goal is to provide eco-friendly solutions that lead to the reuse of electronics. Our electronic disposal services are a far more eco-friendly sustainable environmental option. We are an e-waste management company; we do more than just recycling.
We seek a Business Development Manager (BDM) who can expand the company’s business through deepening customer relationships and works to secure new accounts. Ideally, the BDM has experience with technology lifecycle and its economic value.
Prior experience as account executive, sales manager, technical sales manager and other business development roles are very helpful to the success at this opportunity.
This position reports directly to the President.
REQUIREMENTS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- The ideal candidate will a “hunter” type and take responsibility for sourcing leads, identifying and securing customers, and negotiating and closing contracts related to the recycling, refurbishing, and reselling of IT assets.
- Work with senior management to develop goals and strategies for expanding business.
- Create and present periodic reports detailing sales and gross profit development as well as non-sales development metrics.
- Follow up on open quotes and business opportunities.
- We are looking for business development manager who must be able to develop rapport and long-term partnerships with “C” level executives.
- Prospective clients include: medium to large enterprise high technology, OEM’s, telecom, networking, medical professionals, universities and schools, government, and retail organizations disposing of equipment like instruments, computers, phone systems, servers, liquidations and e-waste etc.
- The BDM is an important member of the team and must be willing to help us improve business practices.
- Must have experience building scalable sales organization and able to report meaningful metrics.
- Familiarity with IT hardware/electronics and components.
- Minimum 2 years of demonstrated outside sales leadership experience in complex selling to technology, schools and colleges, government, retail, non-profit, manufacturing, recycle, etc. facilities. Previous recycle or reverse logistics is a big plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Industrial Technology, Information Technology, or similar course of study. Can be a combination of training, education and relevant work experience.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills are required.
Compensation is a base with commission/bonus tied to the sale of goods sourced. We also offer a profit sharing plan.
Please send your resume with a cover letter detailing why you are a good fit to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Surplus Service is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Surplus Service considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and disability or veteran status.