ROLE: FINANCE – ACCOUNTING CONTROLLER & BOOKKEEPING ASSOCIATE
Surplus Service is passionate about “Upcycling,” a reverse logistics model that gives depleted electronics a second life via reuse, refurbish, data removal, resale or eco-friendly recycling.
We have a profit sharing plan and you have substantial opportunity for uncapped commissions/bonus.
Based in Fremont. This is an opportunity for an energetic junior level Accounting or Finance person who desires to be involved with all finance-related aspects of our growing company. This accredited position represents an opportunity to gain experience in to all areas of accounting and finance.
- Strong working experience with QuickBooks
- Create and enter Invoices, Returns and other documents into system
- Process vendor payments and cash application tracking
- Prepare reports as needed
- General administrative support
- Develop annual forecast, estimates and plans
- Research competitors and similar industry business models
- Have superior organization skills
- Demonstrated excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated multitasking ability while adjusting to changing priorities.
- Demonstrated experience interfacing and collaborating with others to
- Ability to develop solutions and provide financial and business recommendations.
- Ability to make data-driven decisions and to synthesize those into actionable recommendations.
- Demonstrate strong ethics, influence and negotiation, leadership, interpersonal skills, communication, and the ability to effectively and engage in continuous learning.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- The ideal candidate for this position will report primarily to the President.
- Enjoy a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Familiar with accounting principles and bookkeeping functions
- Skilled in MS Office
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
COMPENSATION & WORK HOURS:
Competitive salary, Full time, typical hours range from 30 -38 hours per week with regular workday hours being 9:00 am until 5:00 pm, with one hour lunch.
Send us a resume explaining why you are the best fit for the position given your past successes and potential to exceed expectations. Multilingual is preferred. We reimburse business expenses. Local candidates only. Careers@SurplusService.com